|Product||EtaPRO Service Manager|
|Version||10.3 and newer|
EtaPRO systems beginning with Server 10.3 with a local SQL server wishing to duplicate an EtaPRO unit.
NOTE: The SQL account used in the cloning process must have “attach” and “dbcreator” rights and should be mapped to the “master” database in SQL server for the tool to work.
Failure to use a SQL account with the appropriate permissions could result in an unusable database.
The Clone Unit Database Wizard may be run from any EtaPRO Server Service Manager providing EtaPRO databases are attached and running from a local instance of SQL Server. A local instance of SQL Server is defined as being installed to the same hardware as the EtaPRO Server software.
- Stop all EtaPRO Services
- From the EtaPRO Service Manager, click Configuration Settings
- Enter a SQL username and password with dbcreate permissions (for best results, use a sysadmin account)
- Highlight the row of the database you wish to clone.
- Click the Clone Unit button.
NOTE: If the Clone Unit button is not visible, a local instance of SQL Server is not installed and this tool may not be used.
- The Clone Database Wizard form will be displayed. Click Next.
- Follow the prompts for each step of the Clone Database Wizard.
Several message will appear, including Updating Point table...,Updating External table...,Updating Archive Items...,Updating Screens...and others
When the process is complete:
Following completion of the wizard, the following should be verified. These steps are not considered to be part of the cloning process.
- EtaPRO Input Validation
- Were acquired points renamed properly?
- Are additional/substitute inputs needed?
- EtaPRO Settings
- User Management (assign appropriate levels of access to users)
- Custom Screen Labels (screens must be updated manually)
- Rename Diagnostic files and check inputs
- Check screen buttons to link to correct unit
- Footprints will be unit specific by design
- VirtualPlant Settings
- Design Data (different performance or correction curves?)
- Performance Test/Tuning Data
- Database Validation
a. Ask a SQL database administrator to compare the resulting cloned database against the host database
b. If any tables are missing, please contact EtaPRO Support